The abstract submission system is closed. Acceptance notifications will be sent out December 6, 2021.
Attendees at the 2022 Canadian Rheumatology Association (CRA) and Arthritis Health Professions Association (AHPA) Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) are invited to submit abstracts for presentation during the meeting. We encourage you to submit abstracts relating to original research, systematic reviews or meta-analyses. Case reports or case series are acceptable. Project proposals without data or results will not be accepted. Abstracts may be presented at one meeting prior to the CRA ASM but data cannot be published before the CRA ASM. Abstracts cannot be submitted on data that has already been accepted for publication as a manuscript (publication in abstract form from a conference presentation is acceptable).
|October 8, 2021|
(5:00 pm PT)
|Abstract Submission Deadline|
Abstracts will not be accepted after the deadline
|November 5, 2021|
(5:00 pm PT)
|CRA Travel Bursary Abstract Deadline|
Applies to MOH PGY 4 and 5 rheumatology residents (that are CRA members) ONLY.
|December 6, 2021||Acceptance or Rejection Notifications|
Podium presentation date and time will be included in acceptance notification for all podium presenters
|December 31, 2021||Abstract Acceptance Deadline|
Abstract must be accepted and presenting author (author or co-author) must be selected.
|January 7, 2022||Poster Presentation Upload Deadline|
|January 12, 2022||Poster Session Notifications|
Abstracts are accepted for Poster, Podium or Poster Tour. The list of abstracts being presented in each session can be found below under the session name.
There will be two poster sessions on the following days:
- Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 4:30 PM-5:30 PM ET (Poster # 1-70)
- Friday, February 4, 2022 at 4:30 PM-5:30 PM ET (Poster # 71-137)
Please note the following:
- Poster presenters will present virtually.
- Posters will be identified by the poster # at the poster session.
- Virtual presenters must be on-line for the 1 hour poster session to answer any questions or discuss the content of the poster with virtual attendees. Abstracts that are being considered for awards will be adjudicated during their assigned poster session.
- All poster presenters must attend the virtual poster session for the abstracts to be printed in The Journal of Rheumatology.
- Only authors listed on the abstract may present posters at the meeting otherwise abstract must be withdrawn.
- All presenting authors must be registered for the conference.
There will be two podium sessions on the following days:
- Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 2:15 PM-3:30 PM ET (virtual)
- Friday, February 4, 2022 at 1:15 PM-2:30 PM ET (virtual)
There will be two poster tour sessions with 6 concurrent poster tours on each of the following days:
- Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 4:00 PM-4:30 PM ET (virtual)
- Friday, February 4, 2022 at 4:00 PM-4:30 PM ET (virtual)
All posters that will be part of the poster tour will be available to view in the Poster Hall during the conference.
The Abstract Awards have been established to recognize exceptional research presented at the podium or poster sessions and to encourage participation of young faculty and trainees at the CRA ASM. The first author must apply for the award during the abstract submission process. Applicants that do not apply will not be considered for an award. The top 5 abstracts for each award are adjudicated at the Annual Scientific Meeting. Award winners will be notified via email on Friday afternoon. Case reports will not be considered for awards. Click here for more information on the following awards:
- Best Abstract on Quality Care Initiatives in Rheumatology
- Best Abstract on Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Paediatric Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Basic Science Research by a Trainee
- Best Abstract on Clinical or Epidemiology Research by a Trainee – Phil Rosen Award
- Best Abstract on SLE Research by a Trainee – Ian Watson Award
- Best Abstract by a Medical Student
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Resident
- Best Abstract by an Undergraduate Student
- Best Abstract by a Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract on Spondyloarthritis Research Award
- Carolyn Thomas Award – first author of the best scientific abstract
- Barbara Hanes Memorial Award – best abstract submitted by an Occupational Therapist as first author.
- Best Trainee Abstract – best abstract submitted by a trainee as first author.