All primary and correspondence-noted authors will be sent an email confirming acceptance or rejection as well as presentation information. Please note, in order to successfully receive emails regarding your abstract submission, you must add ‘email@example.com’ as a safe sender in your email client. If you do not receive an email notification, please contact Virginia Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|October 11, 2019||Abstract submission deadline
Abstracts will not be accepted after the deadline
|November 15, 2019||Late-breaking abstract deadline
Applies to abstracts submitted to ACR and MOH PGY 4 and 5 rheumatology residents (that are CRA members).
|December 13, 2019||Poster & Podium acceptance or rejection notifications
Podium presentation date and time will be included in acceptance notification for all podium presenters
|January 6, 2020||Abstract acceptance deadline
Abstract must be accepted and presenting author (author or co-author) must be selected.
|January 10, 2020||Poster session notifications|
There will be two poster sessions which will be held at the Upper and Lower Pavilion (Victoria Conference Centre, Level 1) on the following days:
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 3:15 PM – 5:15 PM (Poster # 1-134)
- Friday, February 28, 2020 at 3:45 PM – 5:45 PM (Poster #135-265)
Please note the following:
- Your poster will be identified by the Poster # at the poster session.
- Please do not print the Poster # on your poster. All the poster boards will be numbered.
- The maximum poster size is 4′ high x 8′ wide. Please ensure that it is a one-piece poster presentation or that you bring fasteners for a multi-page presentation (6 Velcro dots will be provided for each poster board).
- Please ensure that you are by your poster for the first 1.5 hours of the poster session to answer any questions or discuss the content of the poster. Abstracts that are being considered for awards will be adjudicated during the first 1.5 hours of the poster session. You are invited to spend the last half hour visiting other posters
- Please remove your poster at the end of your poster session.
- All poster presenters must be in attendance for the abstracts to be printed in The Journal of Rheumatology.
- Only authors listed on the abstract may present posters at the meeting otherwise abstract must be withdrawn.
- All presenting authors must be registered for the conference.
There will be two podium sessions which will be held in Carson Hall B&C (Victoria Conference Centre , Level 2) on the following days:
- Thursday, February 27 at 8:45 AM – 10:00 AM
- Friday, February 28 at 8:45 AM – 10:00 AM
Abstracts awards will be presented on Friday, February 28th at the Gala Dinner to the top podium and poster presentations in the following categories:
- Best Abstract on Quality Care Initiatives in Rheumatology
- Best Abstract on Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Paediatric Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Basic Science Research by a Trainee
- Best Abstract on Clinical or Epidemiology Research by a Trainee – Phil Rosen Award
- Best Abstract on SLE Research by a Trainee – Ian Watson Award
- Best Abstract by a Medical Student
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Resident
- Best Abstract by an Undergraduate Student
- Best Abstract by a Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract on Spondyloarthritis Research Award
- Carolyn Thomas Award – first author of the best scientific abstract
- Barbara Hanes Memorial Award – best abstract submitted by an Occupational Therapist as first author.
- Best Trainee Abstract – best abstract submitted by a trainee as first author.