The abstract submission system is closed. Acceptance notifications will be sent out on November 27, 2023.
|October 6, 2023|
(5:00 pm PT)
|Abstract Submission Deadline|
Abstracts will not be accepted after the deadline
|November 3, 2023|
(5:00 pm PT)
|CRA Travel Bursary Abstract Deadline|
This deadline applies only to MOH PGY 4 and 5 rheumatology residents (who are CRA members and qualify for the travel bursary).
|November 27, 2023||Acceptance or Rejection Notifications|
Podium presentation date and time will be included in acceptance notification for all podium presenters
|December 15, 2023||Abstract Acceptance Deadline|
Abstract must be accepted and presenting author (author or co-author) must be selected.
|January 22, 2024||Poster Session Notifications|
|January 29, 2024||Poster Presentation Upload Deadline|
|January 29, 2024||Poster, Podium and Poster Tours Lists |
Moderators, presenting authors, session dates, times and poster numbers will be posted below under the session name.
|March 1, 2024||Abstract Award Notifications|
Abstract award winners will receive an email notification on Friday afternoon.
Attendees at the 2024 CRA & AHPA Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) are invited to submit abstracts for presentation during the meeting. We encourage you to submit abstracts relating to original research, systematic reviews, or meta-analyses. Case reports or case series are acceptable. Project proposals without data or results will not be accepted. Abstracts may be presented at one meeting prior to the CRA & AHPA ASM but data cannot be published before the CRA & AHPA ASM. Abstracts cannot be submitted on data that has already been accepted for publication as a manuscript (publication in abstract form from a conference presentation is acceptable). Read more…
There will be two podium sessions on the following days:
- Podium Session A: Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 8:00 AM – 9:15 AM
- Podium Session B: Friday, March 1, 2024 at 8:00 AM – 9:15 AM
There will be two poster tour sessions with 6 concurrent poster tours on each of the following days:
- Poster Tours 1-6: Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- Poster Tours 7-12: Friday, March 1, 2024 at 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
There will be two poster sessions on the following days:
- Poster Session A: Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 3:15 PM – 4:45 PM
- Poster Session B: Friday, March 1, 2024 at 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Please note the following:
- Poster presenters will only have the option to present in person this year.
- Your poster will be identified by the Poster # at the poster session.
- Please do not print the Poster # on your poster. All the poster boards will be numbered.
- The maximum poster size is 4′ high x 6′ wide. Please ensure that it is a one-piece poster presentation or that you bring fasteners for a multi-page presentation (6 Velcro dots will be provided for each poster board).
- Poster presenters will be required to stand by their poster for the first 1.25 hours of the poster session to answer any questions or discuss the content of the poster. Abstracts that are being considered for awards will be adjudicated during the first 1.25 hours of the poster session. You are invited to spend the last 15 minutes visiting other posters.
- Poster presenters must remove their poster at the end of their poster session.
- All poster presenters must attend the poster session for the abstracts to be printed in The Journal of Rheumatology.
- Only authors listed on the abstract may present posters at the meeting otherwise abstract must be withdrawn.
- All presenting authors must be registered for the conference.
The Abstract Awards have been established to recognize exceptional research presented at the podium or poster sessions and to encourage participation of young faculty and trainees at the CRA ASM. The first author must apply for the award during the abstract submission process. Applicants that do not apply will not be considered for an award. The top 5 abstracts for each award are adjudicated at the Annual Scientific Meeting and awards are presented during the Gala Dinner. Award winners will be notified via email on Friday afternoon. Case reports will not be considered for awards. Click here for more information on the following awards:
- Best Abstract on Quality Care Initiatives in Rheumatology
- Best Abstract on Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Paediatric Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Basic Science Research by a Trainee
- Best Abstract on Clinical or Epidemiology Research by a Trainee – Phil Rosen Award
- Best Abstract on SLE Research by a Trainee – Ian Watson Award
- Best Abstract by a Medical Student
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Resident
- Best Abstract by an Undergraduate Student
- Best Abstract by a Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract on Spondyloarthritis Research Award
The AHPA offers three abstract awards. Award winners will be announced at the AHPA Annual General Meeting. Click here for more information on the following awards:
- Carolyn Thomas Award – first author of the best scientific abstract
- Barbara Hanes Memorial Award – best abstract submitted by an Occupational Therapist as first author.
- Best Trainee Abstract – best abstract submitted by a trainee as first author.