The abstract submission system is closed.
2023 Abstract Award Winners
|October 3, 2022|
(5:00 pm PT)
|Abstract Submission Deadline|
Abstracts will not be accepted after the deadline
|November 1, 2022|
(5:00 pm PT)
|CRA Travel Bursary Abstract Deadline|
Applies to MOH PGY 4 and 5 rheumatology residents (that are CRA members) ONLY.
|November 25, 2022||Acceptance or Rejection Notifications|
Podium presentation date and time will be included in acceptance notification for all podium presenters
|December 19, 2022||Abstract Acceptance Deadline|
Abstract must be accepted and presenting author (author or co-author) must be selected.
|January 9, 2023||Poster Presentation Upload Deadline|
Poster Presentation Template
|January 16, 2023||Poster Session Notifications|
|January 23, 2023||Poster, Podium and Poster Tours Lists |
Presenting authors, session dates, times and poster numbers will be posted below under the session name.
|February 10, 2023||Abstract Award Notifications|
Abstract award winners will receive an email notification on Friday afternoon.
Abstracts are accepted for Poster, Podium or Poster Tour. The list of abstracts being presented in each session can be found below under the session name.
There will be two poster sessions on the following days (in person & virtual):
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 3:45 PM-5:30 PM ET (Poster # 1-59)
- Friday, February 10, 2023 at 3:15 PM-5:00 PM ET (Poster # 60-115)
Please note that the following poster numbers have not been finalized. Poster numbers will be emailed to all presenting authors one week prior to the conference. The poster numbers list indicates whether the presenter will be in person or virtual. Virtual attendees can direct message in person poster presenters on the virtual platform (click on the envelope in the top right).
Please note the following:
- Poster presenters will be allowed the option to present in person or virtually.
- Your poster will be identified by the Poster # at the poster session.
- Please do not print the Poster # on your poster. All the poster boards will be numbered.
- The maximum poster size is 4′ high x 8′ wide. Please ensure that it is a one-piece poster presentation or that you bring fasteners for a multi-page presentation (6 Velcro dots will be provided for each poster board).
- In person presenters will be required to stand by their poster for the first 75 minutes of the poster session to answer any questions or discuss the content of the poster. Abstracts that are being considered for awards will be adjudicated during the first 75 minutes of the poster session. You are invited to spend the last 30 minutes visiting other posters.
- Virtual presenters must be online for the first 75 minutes of the poster session to answer any questions or discuss the content of the poster with virtual attendees. Abstracts that are being considered for awards will be adjudicated during the first 75 minutes of the poster session. You are invited to spend the last 30 minutes visiting other posters.
- In person presenters must remove their poster at the end of your poster session.
- All poster presenters must attend the poster session (virtually or in person) for the abstracts to be printed in The Journal of Rheumatology.
- All Poster Presenters (virtual and in person) will need to submit a 3-minute pre-recorded video presentation and upload a PDF of their poster for virtual attendees by January 9, 2023. Please click here to download your Poster Presentation template.
- Please click here to upload your presentation. Please use the following naming convention: abstract number , presenting author name and presentation type e.g. 2021-001_John Smith_PDF. The upload link is also available in the Poster Presentation template.
- Only authors listed on the abstract may present posters at the meeting otherwise abstract must be withdrawn.
- All presenting authors must be registered for the conference.
There will be two podium sessions presented in person and live-streamed on the following days:
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 8:30 AM-9:45 AM ET
- Friday, February 10, 2023 at 8:30 AM-9:45 AM ET
There will be two poster tour sessions on the following days:
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 3:00 PM-3:30 PM ET
- Friday, February 10, 2023 at 2:30 PM-3:00 PM ET
There will be 6 concurrent poster tours during each poster tour session. 1 poster tour will be live-streamed each day from the plenary room (200C) (please refer to the schedule). The remaining 5 poster tours will be held in person in the poster hall (200B); however, virtual attendees can view the pre-recorded presentations in the virtual poster hall and leave questions in the Q&A tab for the presenters (responses will be emailed to virtual attendees).
The Abstract Awards have been established to recognize exceptional research presented at the podium or poster sessions and to encourage participation of young faculty and trainees at the CRA ASM. The first author must apply for the award during the abstract submission process. Applicants that do not apply will not be considered for an award. The top 5 abstracts for each award are adjudicated at the Annual Scientific Meeting. Award winners will be notified via email on Friday afternoon. Case reports will not be considered for awards. Click here for more information on the following awards:
- Best Abstract on Quality Care Initiatives in Rheumatology
- Best Abstract on Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Paediatric Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Basic Science Research by a Trainee
- Best Abstract on Clinical or Epidemiology Research by a Trainee – Phil Rosen Award
- Best Abstract on SLE Research by a Trainee – Ian Watson Award
- Best Abstract by a Medical Student
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Resident
- Best Abstract by an Undergraduate Student
- Best Abstract by a Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract on Spondyloarthritis Research Award
The AHPA offers 3 abstract awards. Award winners will be announced at the AHPA Annual General Meeting. Click here for more information on the following awards:
- Carolyn Thomas Award – first author of the best scientific abstract
- Barbara Hanes Memorial Award – best abstract submitted by an Occupational Therapist as first author.
- Best Trainee Abstract – best abstract submitted by a trainee as first author.