The abstract submission system is closed. Acceptance notifications will be sent out December 13, 2019.
All primary and correspondence-noted authors will be sent an email confirming acceptance or rejection as well as presentation information. Please note, in order to successfully receive emails regarding your abstract submission, you must add ‘email@example.com’ as a safe sender in your email client. If you do not receive an email notification, please contact Virginia Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|October 11, 2019||Abstract submission deadline
Abstracts will not be accepted after the deadline
|November 15, 2019||Late-breaking abstract deadline
Applies to abstracts submitted to ACR and MOH PGY 4 and 5 rheumatology residents (that are CRA members).
|December 13, 2019||Poster & Podium acceptance or rejection notifications
Podium presentation date and time will be included in acceptance notification for all podium presenters
|January 6, 2020||Abstract acceptance deadline
Abstract must be accepted and presenting author (author or co-author) must be selected.
|January 10, 2020||Poster session notifications|
There will be two poster sessions which will be held on Thursday, February 27th and Friday, February 28th.
There will be two podium sessions which will be held on Thursday, February 27th and Friday, February 28th.
Abstracts awards will be presented on Friday, February 28th at the Gala Dinner to the top podium and poster presentations in the following categories:
- Best Abstract on Quality Care Initiatives in Rheumatology
- Best Abstract on Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Paediatric Research by Young Faculty
- Best Abstract on Basic Science Research by a Trainee
- Best Abstract on Clinical or Epidemiology Research by a Trainee – Phil Rosen Award
- Best Abstract on SLE Research by a Trainee – Ian Watson Award
- Best Abstract by a Medical Student
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Resident
- Best Abstract by an Undergraduate Student
- Best Abstract by a Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Best Abstract by a Rheumatology Post-Graduate Research Trainee
- Carolyn Thomas Award – first author of the best scientific abstract
- Barbara Hanes Memorial Award – best abstract submitted by an Occupational Therapist as first author.
- Best Trainee Abstract – best abstract submitted by a trainee as first author.